Submitted by syntaxfactory on January 28, 2011 - 9:33pm
Writing Center Theory and Practice Winter 2011
full name / name of organization:
Academic Exchange Quarterly
The Winter 2011 Issue of Academic Exchange Quarterly, an independent double-blind-peer-reviewed print journal, is now accepting submissions for the special section on Writing Center Theory and Practice. Articles may explore issues of theory, practice, and experience in writing center work, including qualitative and empirical studies and discussions of pedagogy. We are especially interested in articles which examine how the founding and funding of writing centers influence who the center will serve and why. Consider the following questions in your response:
▪ How is the usage of the writing center tracked at your institution, and who are these figures reported to?
▪ Do these figures determine the “worth” of the writing center within the school community, both literally and figuratively?
▪ What happens when the faculty at your institution does not support the writing center?
In addition to Writing Center Directors and other administrators, we welcome submissions from professional staff, faculty tutors, and graduate students who work in the writing center. Article length should be between 2,000 and 3,000 words. Please identify your submission with the keyword “CENTER-2.”
Submissions are accepted any time until the end of August; however, early submissions are encouraged as they offer the following incentives:
- - longer time for revision
- - opportunity to be considered for Editor’s Choice, at no cost to the author
- - eligibility to have article’s abstract and/or full text posted on journal’s main web page
- - opportunity to be considered for inclusion in Sound Instruction Series
Please direct any questions to: